70 Prince Quotes About Life, Creativity, and Music (2021)

These amazing Prince quotes will inspire you to follow your dreams.

Prince Rogers Nelson, better known simply as Prince, was an iconic singer, songwriter, and performer. Some of Prince’s most famous hits from the 1980s include Purple Rain and Kiss. These inspiring quotes from Prince will motivate you to follow your passions and achieve your dreams.

What’s your favorite hit by Prince?

As a legendary Grammy winner and a beloved celebrity, Prince has a unique perspective regarding the music industry. These Prince quotes will open your mind to the world of fame, fashion, and creativity.

Reading this collection of Prince quotes is a great way to honor his extraordinary legacy. If you’re a fan of this talented musician, you’ll love these inspirational sayings and lines.

The singer Prince was an influential trendsetter that changed the world. His words and lyrics continue to inspire millions of people all across the globe today. Share these Prince quotes with your friends and family to keep his memory alive.

Don’t forget to also read these Michael Jackson quotes about life, music and dreams.

1. “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.” – Prince

2. “Always cry for love, never cry for pain.” – Prince

3. “I had a massive ego. Massive. But that’s not such a bad thing. Because at least you’re aspiring to be something, you consider yourself great because you want to be great.” – Prince

4. “Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people.” – Prince

5. “Everyone has their own experience. That’s why we are here, to go through our experience, to learn, to go down those paths and eventually you may have gone down so many paths and learned so much that you don’t have to come back again.” – Prince

6. “A strong spirit transcends rules.” – Prince

7. “Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful.” – Prince

8. “Time is a mind construct. It’s not real.” – Prince

9. “I don’t really care so much what people say about me because it usually is a reflection of who they are.” – Prince

10. “To create something from nothing is one of the greatest feelings, and I would – I don’t know, I wish it upon everybody. It’s heaven.” – Prince

Prince quotes that will motivate you to follow your dreams

11. “If you lend your consciousness to someone else, you’re a robot.” – Prince

12. “When you sit down to write something, there should be no guidelines. The main idea is not supposed to be, ‘How many different ways can we sell it?’ That’s so far away from the true spirit of what music is.” – Prince

13. “Sometimes it takes years for a person to become an overnight success.” – Prince

14. “I don’t live in the past. I don’t play my old records for that reason. I make a statement, then move on to the next.” – Prince

15. “Art is about building a new foundation, not just laying something on top of what’s already there.” – Prince

16. “Instead of hate, celebrate.” – Prince

17. “The music, for me, doesn’t come on a schedule. I don’t know when it’s going to come, and when it does, I want it out.” – Prince

18. “There are people who are unhappy with everything.” – Prince

19. “I always knew I had a relationship with God. But I wasn’t sure God had a relationship with me.” – Prince

20. “Sometimes ideas are coming so fast that I have to stop doing one song to get another. But I don’t forget the first one. If it works, it will always be there. It’s like the truth: it will find you and lift you up. And if it ain’t right, it will dissolve like sand on the beach.” – Prince

You might also like these motivational Whitney Houston quotes that will inspire your journey to greatness.

Prince quotes to open your mind to the world of fame, fashion, and creativity

21. “Music is real. It affects people; it’s real.” – Prince

22. “Like books and black lives, albums still matter.” – Prince

23. “I’ve always understood the two to be intertwined: sexuality and spirituality. That never changed.” – Prince

24. “Music is music, ultimately. If it makes you feel good, cool.” – Prince

25. “Hip-hop is very diverse, but if you only focus on one aspect of it, then what you get is this image of Black America that is completely contrary to what actually goes on.” – Prince

26. “In the tech-savvy, real-time world we all live in today, everything is faster.” – Prince

27. “Everyone has a rock bottom.” – Prince

28. “I want to make heart decisions in business. If you can’t do that, you’re not free. I want to be able to dictate which way I’m going to go.” – Prince

29. “There’s a dark side to everything.” – Prince

30. “It gets embarrassing to say something untrue because you put it online and everyone knows about it, so it’s better to tell the truth.” – Prince

Prince quotes to keep his memory alive

31. “When you don’t talk down to your audience, then they can grow with you.” – Prince

32. “I don’t want anyone to fail, so if you can make money off music even though you can’t sing or dance, that’s genius.” – Prince

33. “When you wake up, each day looks the same, so each day should be a new beginning.” – Prince

34. “I ain’t mad at anybody. I don’t have any enemies.” – Prince

35. “I’ve grown up, everyone’s got to grow up. But there’s something inside me, I’m always going to have that little sort of – how do you say? – child streak.” – Prince

36. “The hardest thing with musicians is getting them not to play.” – Prince

37. “I’m not entangled in a bunch of lawsuits and a web that I can’t get out of. I can hold my head up … a happily married man who has his head in order. There isn’t a bunch of scandal in my life.” – Prince

38. “I learned from Jehovah’s Witnesses that a fatalistic view is counterproductive.” – Prince

39. “Oh, I love critics. Because they love me. It’s not a joke. They care.” – Prince

40. “I don’t talk to old people; they try to find ways to stay static. Young folks are the ones with the ideas and constantly moving forward.” – Prince

Don’t forget to also read these motivational Stevie Wonder quotes from the iconic soul artist

Prince quotes to fuel your passions

41. “So much has been written about me, and people don’t know what’s right and what’s wrong. I’d rather let them stay confused.” – Prince

42. “Technology is cool, but you’ve got to use it as opposed to letting it use you.” – Prince

43. “I like to open people’s eyes.” – Prince

44. “When everyone recognizes Jehovah’s name, then everyone will be happy because everyone will know what to do and how to do it.” – Prince

45. “I really believe in finding new ways to distribute my music.” – Prince

46. “The music industry is a matrix that is counter to what is natural and right.” – Prince
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Matrix quotes that will challenge your understanding of what is real and what is not.

47. “The key to longevity is to learn every aspect of music that you can.” – Prince

48. “Most bands out there are basically pretty boring. I try to affect people inside their bodies.” – Prince

49. “You don’t need a record company to turn you into anything.” – Prince

50. “I pushed the envelope as far as it needed to be pushed, and now it’s on the floor, and people seem to want it to stay there.” – Prince

You might also like these quotes from Nina Simone to put you under her spell.

More Prince quotes and sayings

51. “Each audience is different.” – Prince

52. “I don’t talk about the past.” – Prince

53. “Well, my musicians are my friends.” – Prince

54. “Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.” – Prince

55. “I have a writing addiction.” – Prince

56. “I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else. They won’t pay me an advance for it and then they get angry when they can’t get it.” – Prince

57. “I’ve never stopped writing, never stopped recording.” – Prince

58. “I’m real easy-going.” – Prince

59. “Nobody sues their fans.” – Prince

60. “We have to show support for artists who are trying to own things for themselves.” – Prince

Short Prince quotes

61. “The internet’s completely over.” — Prince

62. “The gatekeepers must change.” — Prince

63. “What’s missing from pop music is danger.” — Prince

64. “Prophecy is what we all have to go by now.” — Prince

65. “I like constructive criticism from smart people.” — Prince

66. “Too much freedom can lead to the soul’s decay.” — Prince

67. “My hair is capable of doing a lot of different things.” — Prince

68. “I like Hollywood. I just like Minneapolis a little bit better.” — Prince

69. “You don’t have to watch ‘Gossip Girl’ to have an attitude.” — Prince

70. “I have friends that are gay, and we study the Bible together.” — Prince

Prince Quotes and Sayings about His Music

71. “You can always tell when the groove is working or not.” – Prince

72. “People don’t understand real musicians anymore. Jack White is great – he’s the real thing – but he isn’t having hits.” – Prince

73. “You can’t understand the words of Cocteau Twins songs, but their harmonies put you in a dreamlike state.” – Prince

74. “Most artists lose their voice, their hair, and their bands. That’s not going to happen to me.” – Prince

75. “There’s this thing called compulsory licensing law that allows artists through the record companies to take your music at will without your permission.” – Prince

76. “All these non-singing, non-dancing, wish-I-had-me-some-clothes fools who tell me my albums suck. Why should I pay any attention to them?” – Prince

77. “At one time, MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated.” – Prince

78. “Just sharing music with each other – that’s cool. It’s the selling that becomes the problem.” – Prince

79. “I used to be more involved with every aspect of everything onstage. I’m way more relaxed now. It feels like anything can happen.” – Prince

80. “When I started playing music, people weren’t selling 5 million records. That was not the standard; that was not the focus.” – Prince

Which of these inspiring Prince quotes uplifts your spirit the most?

These memorable words from the artist known as Prince will motivate you to follow your dreams. Read this collection of quotes to boost your creativity and fuel your passions. If you have aspirations of achieving musical greatness or fame, these Prince quotes can guide you. As long as you practice your talents and believe in yourself, anything is possible. Follow in the footsteps of Prince and chase your wildest dreams.

Whether you enjoy Prince’s earliest works or his latest hits, you’ll love this list of quotes. Read these Prince quotes whenever you want to access your inner peace, strength, and talent. As a beloved, iconic performer Prince has changed the lives of many people.

Honor his memory and spread his ideas about life and love by sharing this inspirational list. If you’re a fan of the legendary musician, these words will definitely resonate with you. Read these inspiring Prince quotes to brighten up your day and inspire creativity.

What are your favorite Prince quotes and lyrics? Let us know in the comment section below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Amazing quotes about loving life starting today (2021)

50 Uplifting Quotes For Life's Tough Moments

215 Appreciation Quotes Celebrating Life, Love and Friends (2022)